Adult Stem Cell Clinical Trial for Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Hits: 6507
The study is an open-label, non-randomized study. Open-label means that the patient and doctor will know the treatment patient is getting in the study. The study is underwritten by the patient. The patient will cover all costs associated with the therapy and treatment.
Where? Hospital Angeles in Mexico
Ave. Paseo de los Heroes 10999
Zona Rio, Tijuana Baja California, Mexico Zip Code 22010
Why? The adipose-derived stromal vascular factor is known to possess anti-inflammatory effects and in chronic obstructive pulmonary, inflammatory processes seem to play a significant role in the pathophysiology. There is no cure for COPD. Patients may choose to undergo oxygen therapy, life style changes such as quitting smoking or take medication.
How? Adipose tissue (fat) is obtained by liposuction under local anesthesia. The cells are derived within two hours and delivered intravenously (via IV) to populate the affected area of the lungs.
Who may participate?To participate you must meet the following criteria:
- A prior diagnosis of moderate or severe COPD
- Age between 25 and 80 years
Who may not participate? You are not eligible to participate if you have any of the following:
- Active infectious disease
- Patients on chronic immunosuppressive transplant therapy
- Known drug or alcohol dependence or any other factors which will interfere with the study conduct
- Severe asthma that would contraindicate surgery
- History of cancer (other than non-melanoma skin cancer or in-situ cervical cancer) in the last five years
- Inclusion in any other clinical study that may affect the outcome of this study
- A study physician will go over additional exclusion criteria with you
For more information:
For more information regarding the clinical trial and the inclusion/exclusion please contact:
Ms. Janny Garcia
Ageless Regenerative Institute